CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 10, 2008

FANTASTIC FRIDAY!

RED RIVER REVEL 2008
Well, here is the picture that sums it all up. If you know my really shy child (HAHA) when asked by the ride conductor how high he wanted to go and he said REALLY HIGH!!!! That is what he got! His head was almost even with the top of the rail road tracks that run above down town Shreveport- even with the Texas Street Bridge- Go figure. Anyway, Mommy was weak in the knees as my 4 year old soared high in the sky loving every minute of it- yelling, "Mommy, Hunny look at me!!!" He was the first jumper of the day and drew quite a following because I guess everyone though if a 4-year old can do it then.........
Now for a much quieter craft. Wheew! Mr. Garrett who was getting service hours working at the Revel helped Trenton cut and make a lantern with his name on it.
Next we got to see our friend Beth Moore, mommy of Peyton Beene Moore. She was working at the Halloween chalk drawing booth for Junior League. The Revel was a blast. We even got a quick glance at the real art. I found a really unique New Orleans print on canvas with all the snapshots of all the places I have visited in N.O. I also found a sketch artist who sketches lots of Lousiana places and found one of THE CHIMES and THE VARSTIY from LSU. 2 of my favorite places to visit when I was in college. The day was great. What a wonderful way to spend FALL BREAK!!!









2 comments:

Sos said...

I miss the Revel. Do they still send all the 4th graders there every year? I want to see the New Orleans picture please.

THE TURNER TRIO said...

It won't let me post the pic for some crazy reason. It just shows lots of #s. I will try again later